Saturday, August 12, 2006

Picture update Sat 12th Aug 06

I spent some time today taking some pictures, at 10 weeks post op and have spent the past hour and a half cropping them and adding to my blog. It is very time consuming and sometimes I just don't feel up to it though I made an effort tonite to tick it off my to do list as I know in the long run, I'll be glad I did it when I come to read my blog back for reference purposes and to see how far I've come.
The photos below show my eyes as I see them in real life, ie crooked, and just looking weird and different, with different shapes and looking like they are looking in different directions. I've cropped them so you can only see the eyes though when you see the full face, it again takes on a different life of it's own, though I won't show the full face for obvious reasons, ie my privacy.
I'm glad Jane can see what I see and hopefully the next surgery will be the last one. My finances just can't take another hit again. I'm just not living life, as everything is going into paying off for my surgeries, and I'm on such a tight budget.
Sat 12th Aug 06 - 10 weeks post op
Eye shapes are different, red incision lines still visible on lower lids

Sat 12th Aug - 10 weeks post op
Eyes looking down. Eyes look abnormal and bulging out of the eye socket plus there's schleral show on the top left eyelid. Gross! I wonder if I hadn't been put to sleep when under local and had been able to follow instructions if the eyes would be more even. Incisions lines on lower eyelids can be seen to outers
Fri 11th Aug 06 - 10 weeks post op
With flash - looking sideways. Redness in right eye, incision lines can still be seen as can lower lid retraction in both eyes with lots of white scheleral showing - something's not quite right

Sat 12th August 06 - 10 weeks post op
Slightly looking left - eyes look like they're looking in different directions and there's a lump under my right eye which has been there since surgery. Jane said this can be taken care of next surgery and snipped off. It looks like a keloid scar.

No comments: