Wednesday, August 09, 2006

People's flicks continue

People are still continuing to flick away at their eyes when they talk to me and it's driving me crazy!!!

We had to move desks yesterday and I had to speak to a number of people ie the removal men, computer men and telephone guys etc and a few of them flicked away at their eyes when talking to me, subconsciously and it's the same ie pulling up of their outer eyelid (ie like where my left lower eyelid retraction is). They just stand there and pull up their outer eyelid and it really gets to me at times cos they all seem to do that ie either pull up of their outer eyelid and/or flick away at their lower eyelid. (sighs). Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh!!

My lower eyelids have been smarting a lot ie flickers, throbs and spasms of small sharp pain - I'm assuming it's nerves regenerating or something like that - it's in the incision areas in the lower eyelids. I'm in Week 9 post surgery this week I believe which is just over the 2 month mark.

When I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, my eyes do look ok but hey who am I kidding, with all these people who keep pulling up their lower eyelids whenever they talk to me (bah!). I wonder if I'm just so used to seeing my left lower eyelid retraction that I've stopped seeing it so much now. Well I do see it, but it doesn't seem as bad as it used to be and is so much better. Surely people can't be that aware of it. I dunno anymore. Arrrgh!

I need to do a picture of myself showing my eyes how they should be. At the moment the outer eye corner is a few mms below the inner eye corner and I read somewhere that the level of the outer eye corner should be about 2mm above the level of the inner eye corner (if this makes sense). I'll have to do a picture to show where my outer eye corner should be, that would look normal in a female. My outer eye corners droop quite far down from my inner eye corner and are too round (well the right eye is more round than the left eye. A picture speaks a thousand words (smiles).

I don't know where time flies but I find it so hard to get time these days. I have so much to do and so many obligations and I haven't been feeling too well either. Cleansing from the yoga weekend a few weeks ago. I'm going back for another yoga weekend next weekend and I'm really looking forward to it.

Indi

No comments: