Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday 2nd July 06


Slept like a baby last nite, being it's my last nite before returning to work full time tomorrow (though I did return this week for one day). The sleep is healing all round though I did wake up and my left outer eye has suffered from a little keratitis and smarts and is sore when I blink (keratitis being inflamation of the cornea).

Rubbing the antibiotics on my incision lines feels sore and smarts each time I do it no matter how gently I try to rub the ointment on. When I massage the lower outer eyelid as Jane suggests I feel the lumps inside - whatever they are - one most likely being stitches inside as it feels the same on the right outer eye, and the other being the lump that's been there for ages. The area just feels very bruised and sensitive when I massage it and I try to do it very gently.

Today just blinking smarts even though my eyes are moist (well they have a few tears right now cos England lost the quarter finals yesterday and I just read the news on them (sniffles).). It was a devastating match to watch the penalty shoot out.

My right cheek infection is healing thankfully though it's still swollen with those two acne cysts on them - looking like a volcano. I need to look presentable tomorrow in case I get called in for the interview I applied for just before I went on holiday to another group. I can't go to an interview with my face looking like quasimodo and I need to be all suited and booted and ready to go and give my best presentation. Oooh dear, just thinking about it, I'm not going to be wearing any eye make up all next week as I'll be still using the antibiotic cream on my eyelids (upper and lower) - ah well - if I do go for an interview, he'll just have to think I'm a simple girl that doesn't wear much make up and/or I'll just tell him I have an eye infection and bring it into the conversation :) - oh geez! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade (smiles).

Last nite as my eyes felt so swollen and sore plus my infection on right cheek, I got out my ice pack and iced my eyes and my right cheek and ooooooooohhhh, it felt soooo wonderful and soothing and especially on my right cheek and it seemed to help with the swelling on my right cheek as well so I'm going to continue icing my eyes and my right cheek today. I didn't think that at almost 4 weeks my eyes would need icing - interesting :). It's wonderful :).

I went to see my mother yesterday to pick up some stuff and asked how my eyes looked. She said they looked swollen, and that she could see the lower eyelid retraction and the right eye hollow. I didn't ask her to go into detail as I think she was taking it all in and just kept looking at my eyes :) - and also no doubt the right cheek infection which I didn't talk to her about cos I didn't want to talk about it - ergh. The cysts on the right cheek infection are incredibly painful.

Nourkrin
I'm past the 5 month mark on using Nourkin, the hair thinning product, and I'm sure it's made a lot of difference as my hair is usually very thin and it's definitely much thicker and has helped my peace of mind with my hair loss on the scalp from the Y-V endo brow lift. My right side incision on scalp has healed in that the hair loss has grown back but the incision on the center and left side of the scalp are still growing; more so on the left side then the center, which is sore to touch still and I can see where the incision are still as they are white with no hair growing properly or if it has, it is only a little and it doesn't have that baby hair growth that my left side incision area has. I tend to keep my hair parted on the right now and not look at the other areas too much. I mean I did look at it a couple of weeks ago and tried to part it on my left (which I've done my whole life) but the hair is still growing and has baby hairs and the hair sticks up straight and won't lie flat (bah) so it's a no go zone for now.

I am considering purchasing the Nourkrin maintenance programme which one has to do for another 6 months after using the Nourkrin grow for 6 months. Though I will not be buying it cheaply from the original place I bought it from, from the internet for £100 cheaper as when the package arrived, most of the boxes were squashed and the contents of the Nourkrin had split open - it was too troublesome to return the whole package to ask for another. All in all about 2-3 packets in total were damaged. That's a lot of money. Damaged in the sense that because they'd been squashed the foil they were covered in, was split open and the air had gotten into the supplement, and it turned a different colour.

My hair is growing long and fast and my fringe has grown about 10cm since my last hair cut and I haven't cut my hair since - I'm fine with it as it is now as it hides my left eye cos it's so long which is a perk. I may take a pix of my fringe covering my left eye next week or so when I feel better ie when the pain is less from my infection etc.

-----------------------------
Update : When I washed my face earlier, I was putting the antibiotical ointment on my eyelids and decided to pluck a few stray eyebrows. I noticed the black line again on one of the open woulds where the upper eyelid stitches were on my left eye and decided to clean it. It turned out to be a stitch and so I eergh, dug it up and pulled it out. Oh dear, it came out some and then wouldn't budge and needed to be cut. My heart was pounding thinking oh shit, what have I done. I cut it in half and pulled again thinking ok it's probably the same as when I pulled out the lower right eye stitches. Wrong! It came out a little and then wouldn't budge. I pulled a little harder and it wouldn't budge. I was too scared to pull anymore as it seemed sewn in to something inside my eyebrow. I felt really scared and decided to call Jane. Thankfully I found her number. She was in France and isn't back till Weds.

I described what had happened and Jane said that she wouldn't recommend stitches be removed by anyone other than someone medically trained and suggested I either go to the nearest eye hospital casualty department or wait for her to return on Weds. I'm not sure if I can wait that long as the stitch is quite long and I'm scared I may have done damage (oh dear). I tried to ring Moorfields Hospital but no one is answering or rather I get a message that they are closed. I think I'll go to the Western Eye Hospital casualty tomorrow and wait for them to see me. And if they can't take care of my eye, then I'll wait to see Jane on Weds.

I told Jane that my eyes have been dry since the stitches came out and they have been suffering from mild keratitis since and gave her a mini update. She was calm as usual (smiles). I'm having a mini heart attack here that I did something wrong ie in pulling the stitches out. Hey I didn't think I'd have stitches in my upper eyelids still!! Oh my! My heart is pounding. I just hope I haven't done anything wrong. I'll need to call in to work tomorrow to tell them I'm going to casualty. Jane said I could wait a few hours - that's fine with me - I'd rather do that than go to work feeling nervous for the next few days.

I could calm down later and change my mind though I think I'd be more comfortable and have peace of mind if a nurse etc looked at my eye / stitch and told me all was ok. I just hope they don't have to open me up or anything cos the stitch seems firmly embedded like it's sewn on to my bone - that's how it felt when I tugged at it. Oh my gawd, what have I done?!

No comments: