Thursday, July 20, 2006

6 weeks 3 days post op - Thurs 20 July 06

My left outer eye feels wind blown and dry a lot, as well as hot and at nite, when I wake during the middle of the night, both eyes feel very dry even though I'm using Lacrilube. My blink is very slow motion and is an effort.

My outer eyes on both eyes still feel tight (Jane mentioned this would happen) though I'm not sure if this is permanent and/or temporary. My right outer eye feels tighter than my left outer eye - by outer eye I mean the outside corner of the eyes. It feels that Jane sewed (for use of a word) my left outer eye more than my left eye as I can't open my right eye as wide as I can my left eye which feels it has more movement whereas my right eye feels tight and restricted and at times claustrophobic. It doesn't feel normal; and I'm not even sure if it's something permanent or temporary - I'll need to ask Jane this when I see her week after next. At times I feel it's too tight and I keep thinking that hopefully it's reversible and when Jane does the next revision, she can untighten it or something ... I hope so as I wouldn't want to go through life feeling like I can't open my right eye fully and that it's sewn shut partially at the outer corner.

It has changed the shape of my right eye slightly and my outer upper eyelid seems to curve down more than my left upper eyelid shapewise. Could be related to the numb feeling below - I'm not sure.

Lately my right upper eye area has been feeling numb including my right side of the forehead. I thought it was the endoscopic numb feeling but I don't think I've felt this numbness in my right upper eye and side before - it all seems related to the incision area where the fat transfer went into as that specific "hole" or injection is numb and the area down from it. It feels weird and is a sensation that I hope will eventually go away / heal. It's that feeling you get at the dentist when he's injected anaethesthic into your gums and you can't feel a thing. The area on my left upper eye/side and forehead feel normal.

My incision lines on my lower and upper eyelids are still very prominent. Now that I'm typing my right outer eyelid feels claustrophically tight and it's very uncomfortable - I try to not think about it too much. The itchiness has subsided a little.

It's been very hot at night - 30 degrees C upstairs in the bedroom!

No comments: