Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Weds 19 July 06 - 6 weeks 2 days post op

It is over a week since I sent Jane my last email which she still has not replied to yet nor has her sec responded to my email question to her re Isolagen. I know one other person who is still waiting for Jane to respond to her email and is wondering what the delay is all about; and I also know someone new who's just written to Jane in the past few days and whom Jane responded to straight away as it was regards a consult. I'd like to think that Jane isn't responding to me and this other patient of hers because she's so busy and she can't email back properly just yet and it may have slipped her mind and not cos she can't be bothered. Deep down it's still upsetting though as it feels unprofessional considering how much her fees are.

I saw her invoice for the day when I had my stitches out (3 weeks post surgery) and it was for £325 (ouch!). £175 for the consult, £125 for the stitch removal and the remainder on something else that was not mentioned (perhaps the ointment?) or the removal of the fat transfer knee stitches? Even though it's private, one still feels rushed like one is on a conveyor belt and waiting for the next patient. (sighs).

On Monday one of the other assistants in the team rubbed at her eye exactly where my lump and/or lower left eyelid retraction is and my heart sank as each day I see someone doing that (sighs).

My outer eyes still feel tight and it must be cos Jane's sewn up the outer eyes or tightened the obicularis or whatever it's called in an attempt to bring the lower eyelid retraction up but it hasn't really worked. In my humble thoughts I feel I need spacers where the areas were sewn up to bring those corners up. I keep using my fingers to push up my left and right lower eyelids in the outer corners and they look nice when I do that - so hopefully perhaps that'll get done one day. I just wonder normally where the spacers go in the lower eyelid - I must ask Mariel and Macherie on the MMH board (I'm not sure which one of them already has the spacer and whom is still waiting!)

My scalp is still itchy and tender and I feel it'll be this way for a few more months yet. A few days ago I found a couple of stitches still poking out of my left knee - I was nervous about what to do so I tried to snip them off but they were still sticking out and so I used a magnifying mirror and tweezers and grabbed onto one and tried to see if it'd budge and hmmm, out it slipped!! I was glad that it was easy though I was nervous it could be something really long!!! No one has ever left stitches in me before!!

I haven't been taking photos as regularly and haven't taken photos daily either - I must try and do some tonite!!

I'm wearing eye make up to work and to me it hides the red scarring though at 6 weeks I thought they'd be gone by now. The outer scars are still itchy and feel tight and sometimes my right outer eye feels that it can't open that wide and is limited in it's movement cos the outer eye has been sewn up (I know my language could improve but I don't know the right terminology)! I wonder if it's normal to sew up the outer eyes? My eyes do seem smaller and they're just different and not symmetrical obviously cos one is larger than the other though it's early days of healing yet right now and my eyes change daily/weekly.

I still do feel irritated and disappointed Jane didn't email back to both my emails even if just to acknowledge them. It just feels unprofessional. Perhaps it's her lack of admin skills - then again she did respond immediately to the lady who had asked for a consultation. Grrrr :)

No comments: