Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thurs 6th July 06 : One month 3 days post op

Today was a tough day to wake up and I struggled out of bed!! :)

My hair is behaving itself even though my scalp is still itchy and sore in some places from the Y-V endo brow lift 6 months ago and I can feel the incision lines still which smart, though sensation is good right? My right brow has a minor numb feeling that my left brow area doesn't have in that the left side of my forehad feels normal and my right side feels numbish.

Woke with the usual dry and blurry eyes but it's fine. My right cheek infection is thankfully subsiding and much better today and make up went on much better as it had stopped being so flaky and dry (which when it was, meant that the make up caked and the acne showed up more). I was pleasantly surprised to notice thankfully (as I'd hoped it happen) that as my right cheek infection and swelling is going down, the right lower eyelid hollow isn't as noticeable. When the full swelling of the right cheekbone infection goes down I would be very interested to notice how my right lower eyelid hollow then looks and according to Dr Meronk's site, cheekbones can contribute towards the lower eyelids looking hollow. So fingers and toes crossed that the swelling made the right eyelid hollow look worst than it was (I had hoped previously that this would be the case) whew! I think some hollow will still be there but hoping it'll be minimal enough to live with without being upset like I was a short while ago - I've been going through a whole range of emotions like a yoyo.

My main boss came back from 2 days away from the office today and I hadn't seen him for 4 weeks (whew) and I made the extra effort to go in and talk to him (didn't really want to cos I had been very upset with him before I left and had felt very over worked and under appreciated for many months and had one foot out of the door). Anyway he looked like he'd lost weight and had a sun tan and I mentioned that genuinely as he looked really good and that took his attention away from my eyes cos he was staring at my eyes and about to comment i think on the fact that I'd taken the past 5 days off work but thankfully the subject went to how he looked. I was speaking from the heart and hadn't meant to say anything - it just came out and it flowed and we kept talking on that same subject for a short while and then I changed it to work. It cut the ice and tension that had been there before I left for my hols as I think he knew that I was not happy and may even have heard from the grapevine that I wanted to leave (though I had said this to him before I left for hols anyway though not the reason why). And I know he would be sore to see me go cos I'm very good at my job and a good person to run the engine room (smiles).

Anyway it felt good to make peace with him though towards mid afternoon the stress of being back at work kicked in with the expense clerks demanding Out of Policies for his travel and being overly difficult and unhelpful per usual and I though oh no, the peace and tranquil of not being in the office has not lasted long and I'm back in the toil of things again so soon! I must start my yoga this weekend to keep up the tranquil feeling of being away from the office and not letting office stress get to me ie in being overworked and overwhelmed.

I liked how my eyes looked in the ladies again today which was a nice feeling. My left lower eyelid retraction didn't bother me too much and my fringe helped hide it. My hair straightend up well and I had comments that my hair looked great from the girl at work who knows I had eye surgery though didn't know I wore a wig. She said I didn't need hair extensions (as I told her it was hair extensions instead of a wig) and that my hair looked great as it is! Whew! I'm grateful for Nourkrin as hair has grown in places I never thought it could grow!

Someone who bumped into me in the ladies said I looked tired and I was surprised that it didn't bother me as I liked how my eyes looked (today anyway) and if she thought I looked tired, then wahoo for her (smiles). WOW!!! I had again no eye make up on and couldn't really care as I felt my eyes looked fine as they were!

Towards the end of the day my lower eyelid incisions started caking up a little under the little make up I had and it looked weird. Thank god I had my fringe to cover my left eye and my glasses cos my left lower eyelid incision and lump looked ikky and cakey under the make up and it was obvious it is a scar though no one was looking - whew! If they did question, I could always say it was the conjunctivitis!

No comments: