Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pictures with eyes closed

Day 25 post the Dec 2005 surgery (3rd reconstructive surgery)
March 06 - taken 4 months post my 3rd reconstructive surgery (Y-V endo broww lift and bilateral upper eyelid reconstruction) showing lagophthalmus

Sat 15 July 06 - taken 6 weeks post op 4th reconstructive surgery (upper eyelid fat transfer, upper eyelid ptosis repair, eyelash repair, lower eyelid fat repositioning and orbicularis tightening to superior orbital rim - eyes shut - lagophthalmus

13 June 06 - 7 days post 4th surgery - eyes closed
The pictures above show my eyes through various stages of lagophthalmus with my eyes shut. I've mentioned below the pictures the various dates the pictures were taken - some were taken after the December 2005 Y-V endo brow lift and upper eyelid reconstruction for comparison to this recent 4th reconstructive surgery in June 2006 (upper eyelid fat transfer, and lower eyelid fat repositioning plus orbicularis tightening etc).
I've yet to take pictures with me smiling to show the ikky looking misplaced fatty blubber of fat and lumps underneath my lower eyes and also hollows. It looks gross. I'll show them in comparison with my old photos shown smiling. I didn't know they were that bad until Jane pointed them out to me.
Bed Wedge/ Sleeping Upright
6 weeks post surgery and I'm still sleeping upright on my bed wedges. After my last surgery in Dec 05, I slept on the bed wedge for about 3-4 months before I started sleeping straight. I just didn't feel comfortable sleeping straight - and with this latest eye surgery with my eyes feeling fat as they are (with the fat transfer) I do NOT want any more feelings of fat in my eyes or feelings of swelling .... ergh! I'm sure that's what contributes to my vision bluriness.
Hot & Dry Eyes
My left outer eye has been feeling extremely dry today even when I use lots of eye drops. It feels hot on the outer eye (inside the eye) and feels the wind blowing in the eye - just generally dry and very uncomfortable and my vision in the left eye is extremely blurry most of the time - especially when I watch tv and I have to keep blinking my eyes. Even wearing glasses doesn't help and it's a nightmare going shopping as I can't read any of the small print on the groceries even with my glasses sometimes. Very frustrating.
Nourkrin Maintain
I purchased 3 months' worth of Nourkrin Maintain http://www.nourkrin.co.uk for my hair thinning issue. My hair is thicker and has grown in places though the front of my scalp's incision line still hasn't grown even baby hairs yet and is still very sore 7 months post surgery. My left incision on scalp is growing but is still only baby hair growth and my right incision on scalp is growing more and that's where my parting has been. I'm grateful for my hair being back to some form of normality where I can hide certain things as my hair is one thing that I have been able to feel good about in me as a lot of people like my hair condition ie shine and style and to have lost that all those months and to wear the wig was just soul destroying. I felt a part of me had died though now is back (whew).

No comments: