Monday, July 10, 2006

Mon 10th July 06 : 5 weeks post surgery

I'm bummed that I didn't get a chance to post over the weekend - I was just way too busy and tired. Am still feeling off sorts.

In bits and pieces that I can remember - and in no particular order, went to see mom over the weekend, asked her what she could see re my eyes and she said one eye was larger than the other ie my left was larger than the other. Ho hum. I asked if she could see the swelling ie the fat transfer - she said no.

My eyes have been feeling dry especially so my left outer eye corner which gets inflammed. When I blink, occasionally the vision gets really blurry and I feel I have a second skin inside that blurs the vision - kinda like a lizard when it blinks - I think it's a lizard that seems to have a second eyelid when it blinks. Mine is like a film and it blurs my vision and sometimes when my eye is just open and I'm looking at something, this film which is transparent will fall down and block my vision in my left eye - it's very frustrating.

My left eyeball / socket feels tight and constricted and it takes a lot of effort to close my eye whereas it feels normal to close my right eye. I'm not sure if I should be worried about my left eye vision and/or that secondary film that seems to keep falling down onto my field of vision. Occasionally in my left eye, at the bottom, I can see the film of my eyeball fold up - I'm not sure if I'm describing it properly.

I am still using Lacrilube and even then when I wake in the mornings my eyes feel dry and my vision is incredibly blurry.

My right eye lower eyelid hollow looks less hollow thankfully cos my right cheek infection is reducing though today I had a lot of problems with my right cheek infection - it kept itching at work and got swollen again. (sighs). What's wrong with me? I also have been feeling really rough these past few days at work and today I left early. Got home and felt like I was coming down with the flu.

My scalp still hurts, aches and itches from the Y-V endo brow lift I had 6 months ago and my forehead occasionally feels tender especially the right side of my forehead. I pat and gently rub my head a lot as it feels comforting. There, there :)

This is enough for now as I'm so tired I need to go get some sleep ...

No comments: